Here are 10 trainer tips for helping hit a goal!
1. Have some type of action plan for your goals… or have goals at that! Keep them realistic and sustainable for long-term success.
2. Focus more on the types of foods you're eating not the calories. High volume foods vs. low volume foods is the actual indicator for achieving your fitness goals.
3. Move with intention and lay off hours of cardio. It’s actually stalling your progress and burning away the muscle your trying to maintain/ build. Incorporate N.E.A.T principal and strive for lifting 3-4 days a week.
4. LIFT WEIGHTS … consistently and let your body actually RECOVER. The only thing you do IN THE GYM is break the muscles down. If you’re not letting yourself properly recover with rest and food you will only set yourself back.
5. Watch out for goal blockers. Aka your support team. This is actually one of the biggest reasons why people struggle to hit a goal. People are the biggest influence. Make sure your circle is uplifting & supportive.
6. Stop comparing your chapter 1 to someone else’s chapter 3. Everyone is cruising in their own lane. We don’t know how long it took Sally to get where she is. Everyone has a story. Be happy for others and don’t envy anyone. Focus on all you have achieved instead. You will get to your destination faster.
7. Stop setting a deadline for your health. It’s not “I do it when I feel like it” or “ I’m going on vacation let’s lose 10 pounds so I can look good that week” this kind of mindset is a fixed one and why you're at a constant battle with who you are and how you feel. Fitness needs to be a part of your life in some way big or small. If you're always looking for the easy way out, nothing is going to work long-term for you.
8. WORK ON the internal parts of yourself. WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE INSIDE actually matters most and will be the underlying factor in how you handle everything thrown your way in life. Stop avoiding your feelings with a dumbbell. It gets old fast. Trust me.
9. Incorporate healthy habit changes daily in a micro-intuitive approach. This way long term it feels as though you have been doing it forever and it’s now part of your daily routine. Making it that much easier to stick to long-term, anytime, anywhere you go! With little thinking / stressing.
10. Always clap for yourself and be proud of how far you have come and all you have accomplished this far! I think this is the biggest flex of all and how we you will grow.