Having the right gear for during and after your workout can make everything smoother and save you time and stress.
Sure, you’ll probably fare just fine if you jam your essentials into a bag and grab it on your way out, but being prepared will make your transition from workout to a night out seamless!
We made a handy checklist so you know exactly what you should include in your gym bag.
These items can live in your bag. You don’t need to worry about taking them in and out each time.
For during your workout:
- Workout towel
- Water bottle/Shaker bottle
- Hair ties and headbands to keep hair out of your face
- Workout attire
- Gym shoes and socks
- Headphones and your music playlist
- dotFIT aminos
For post workout:
- Dry shampoo
- Face wipes and body wipes if you don’t have time to shower after
- Lip balm
- Extra undergarments. You do not want to put back on your sweaty clothes!
- Wet/dry bag for wet or sweaty items. Find one that’s antimicrobial and machine washable
- Dryer sheets to keep your bag smelling fresh
- Flip flops or other shower shoes if you plan on showering at the gym
- Shower bag if you plan on cleaning up at the gym (shampoo, conditioner, soap, face wash, razor)
Daily Pack List
Add these to your bag the day of or night before:
- Daily outfit for afterward (include undergarments)
- Change of shoes
- Post-workout snack (or grab a protein shake at The EDGE cafe after!)
These items will vary depending on your plans at the gym and for afterward. Going for a girl’s night post workout? Pack your makeup bag and heels. Here’s a comprehensive list but tailor it to your specific needs:
- Going out outfit
- Makeup bag
- Hair straightener
- Gum to freshen up
Once you pack your “permanent” items in your bag it will be easy to maintain the rest. You’ll just need to add clothes or special items each time and you’ll be ready to go. Now grab that bag and hit the gym. We can’t wait to see you at The EDGE Fitness Clubs with bag in tow!