This Kale and Brussel Sprout Salad with a homemade lemon dijon dressing is the perfect refreshing lunch as we head into Fall! The recipe includes a few simple ingredients with lots of flavor. Check it out:
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch or bag of crunchy kale, rib removed, leaves thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- The juice from 2 lemons
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Get a large baking sheet, line with parchment paper, and place your walnuts on the sheet. Bake for 5-8 minutes, until toasted and fragrant
- Combine the brussels sprouts and kale in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all the dressing ingredients. Pour over the vegetables and stir until well combined. Add the walnuts and cheese on top. Allow the salad to sit for 15-30 minutes in the fridge before serving to allow veggies to absorb dressing. Enjoy!