Tis the season for baking! In search of something sweet but not overly indulgent this holiday season? For all of you coffee lovers out there, you’ll be salivating over these Almond Butter Espresso Cookies. This recipe is entirely dairy and gluten free, making it a vegan and vegetarian friendly dessert to bring to all your holiday gatherings!
- 3/4 cup creamy almond butter (look for a brand with just two ingredients: almonds and salt)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or regular sugar works also)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon finely ground espresso
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 flax egg (or regular egg)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or use a baking mat.
- Start by making your flaxseed egg and combine 1 tablespoon ground flax with 3 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Once the flaxseed egg gels, grab a large bowl and mix the almond butter and sugar together. Add in the flax egg, espresso, baking soda, and vanilla and mix together.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, place 1 tablespoon of your mixture on baking sheet, spreading 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack using a spatula.
- Once the cookies start to harden after cooling, you can then transfer to a storage container.