Since we're all spending much more time at home, you'll have more time to spice up your breakfast! Below are our top 5 simple breakfast recipes to keep you fueled and full throughout your morning!
1. Chilled overnight Milk & Honey Chia
- 2 cups of old-fashioned oats
- 4 tbsp. chia seeds
- 4 tbsp. honey
- Unsweetened almond milk
Add 1/2 cup oats, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1 tablespoon honey, and 2/3 milk to 16 oz jars. Cover & shake to combine. Refrigerate overnight and enjoy the next morning!
2. Banana Berry Smoothie
- 1 small banana
- 6 oz. pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup ice
- 6 oz. blueberries
- 6 oz. raspberries or blackberries
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. grated peeled fresh ginger (optional)
Using a blender mix banana, pineapple juice, ice, blueberries, raspberries or blackberries, honey, and ginger until smooth.
3. Breakfast Egg Bites
- 1 teaspoon salted butter
- 9 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese or feta (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic (or garlic powder)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups chopped baby spinach
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Combine and thoroughly whisk/mix the eggs, cheese, garlic, salt and black pepper in a bowl.
- Grease the muffin tin and evenly distribute the spinach and bell pepper bits among the muffin cups. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies, filling each cup about three-fourths full. The egg will rise so you don't want to fill them all the way.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until the eggs set up and are cooked through. Let cool for about 5 minutes. Run a butter knife around the edge of each cup and pop out the egg bites. Serve warm.
4. Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed (adds a boost of fiber and nutrients!) You can also use hemp seed, or chia seeds
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Simply combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir to combine. Place in the bowl in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes to chill so they are easier to roll. Roll into 12 bites and store in the fridge for up to a week.
5. Avocado Toast
- One ripe avocado
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whole grain or wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or unsalted butter, softened
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Everything bagel seasoning (optional)
- Mash the avocado with a fork in a shallow bowl until chunky. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Toast the bread until browned. Lightly brush the toast with oil (or butter).
- Spread the mashed avocado evenly and top with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, or everything bagel seasoning to taste.
- Add a fried egg on top for extra protein!