This year Halloween may feel a little bit different, but that doesn't mean we can't get into the Halloween spirit! Check out these awesome recipes perfect for the season! Whether you're spending it at home watching scary movies or hosting a dinner party, these recipes are perfect for any Halloween occassion!
1. Turkey Pumpkin ChiliINGREDIENTS:
• 2 lbs Ground Turkey
• 2 Tbsp Avocado Oil
• 1 Large Zucchini, Peeled and Cubed
• 1 Large Sweet Potato, Peeled and Cubed
• 1/2 Large White Onion, Chopped
• 1 Medium Yellow Pepper, Chopped
• 1 Medium Red Pepper, Chopped
• 2 Cups Butternut Squash, Cubed
• 1 Can Pure Pumpkin
• 1/2 Can Plain Tomato Sauce
• 1/2 Cup of Water
• 2 Packets of Your Favorite Organic Taco Seasoning
• Heat a large skillet with 1 tbsp. avocado oil.
• Add the ground turkey break up the meat with a wooden spoon or spatula. Cook until the meat is tender, around 7-10 minutes.
• Heat a separate pot with 1 tbsp. avocado oil. Add onions, peppers, zucchini, sweet potato and butternut squash to the pot. Stir and sauté until all veggies have softened, about 15 minutes.
• Stir in the pumpkin, tomato sauce, taco seasoning and water. Mix until well combined.
• Add in your ground turkey and stir until everything is mixed through
• Turn your heat on low and simmer for 20 minutes.
• Once it has simmered, remove from heat and serve with avocado, cilantro, salsa or your favorite healthy garnishes. Enjoy!
2. Jack-O-Lantern Stuffed Peppers
Get everyone at your dinner table in the Halloween spirit this year with these scary stuffed peppers!
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 large clove garlic, minced
• 1 pound lean ground beef
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
• 1½ cups cooked brown rice
• 1 (8 ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce, divided
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 4 large orange bell peppers
3. Devil Eggs
These eggs are as spooky as they are delicious!
4. Pumpkin Hummus
Click here to view the recipe for this amazing pumpkin hummus! Perfect for any Halloween festivity!
5. Edge Apple Dip
Who doesn't love a healthy apple snack! Mix your snack up with this awesome apple dip!