You'll want to save the recipe for this one. These taco stuffed sweet potatoes highlight all of the flavorful ingredients of a taco, while adding in an extra helping of veggies. The healthy and seasonal root vegetable compliments the savory taco filling with its natural sweetness. The best part is the flexibility-you can mix and match toppings as you please, and even have a make-your-own taco station for this recipe. This is the perfect meal that's both warm and filling on a chilly fall day!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 medium diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- Taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 jalapeño
- Sour cream
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in pan over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the ground beef, onion, and garlic in a large pan.
- Add in the chunky salsa, taco seasoning, and water to the pan.
- Using a fork, poke holes all over the sweet potatoes and cook two at a time in the microwave on high for 8-10 minutes. Flip the sweet potatoes over halfway through the cook time.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooled, slice lengthwise and fluff the inside with a fork.
- Drain and rinse your can of black beans.
- Fill the sweet potato with ground beef mixture, black beans, tomato, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese, jalapeño, and cilantro.