It's Taco Tuesday! Try out these healthy taco stuffed peppers this week!
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 3 bell peppers, halved (seeds removed)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- hot sauce, pico de gallo, salsa, lime wedges (or whatever you love to spice up your tacos!) for serving
- Preheat oven to 375° and spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat about 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook about 1 minute more. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain fat.
- Add chili powder, ground cumin, and paprika to beef mixture, then season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle bell peppers with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the peppers, cut side up, in the baking dish and spoon meat mixture into each pepper. Top with cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and the peppers are crisp-tender, about 20 minutes.
- Top each pepper with lettuce and serve with toppings!