The holiday season is here and the festivities are in full swing! Between work holiday parties, social gatherings with friends, fundraisers, and family events...there are a TON of temptations around this time of year! You're more likely to be surrounded by way more food and alcohol during the holidays. This can make it easy to lose focus on your fitness goals and nutrition plan. Here are some tips to help you enjoy the holiday and stay on track!
Tip 1: Snack Mindfully
- Grab a smaller plate
- Replace chips and crackers with fruits, protein, or veggies
- Don't skip meals
- Eat a high protein breakfast
- Track your food intake intuitively
Tip 2: Focus on Healthy Fitness Habits
- Stick to your workout routine - staying consistent is key!
- Get the family moving too!
- Don't overtrain
- Make sure fit in 2-3 days of resistance training
- Focus on quality of sleep
- Manage stress as best you can
Tip 3: Don't Let Others Dictate Your Emotions & Choices When It Comes To Food
- Eat what is right for YOU
- Don't feel guilty for enjoying your life
- Listen to your fullness and hunger cues
- Hydrate and limit alcohol consumption
- Stay on track / get right back on track!
Tip 4: Stop Saying Tomorrow, Next Week, or Come The New Year...
- Start NOW! Click here to read why you should start working towards your goals before the new year
- Stop self-sabotaging yourself
- Remind yourself anything you do will be hard at first
- Make a pros and cons list for feeling better
- Spend time with people who support you
- Believe in yourself!
Tip 5: Remind Yourself You're Important Too
- Take thirty minutes to yourself (decompress, meditate, read ...have some YOU time)
- Positive self talk
- Write down your goals and desires
This time of year can be stressful for many different reasons, staying on track of your fitness routine and well-being will be crucial to ending 2021 on a good note and starting the new year off on the right foot! You got this.