5 min read
While game day is all about football, we can’t deny that the food is just as important. And this selection of healthy finger-lickin’ snacks & appetizers will help you bring your “A” game to the party! Check out these healthier recipes that put a refreshing spin on game day apps!
• 1 Rotisserie chicken
• ¾ cup buffalo sauce (We like Primal Kitchen’s buffalo sauce)
• ½ cup mayo (We like Primal Kitchen’s avocado oil mayo)
• 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
• 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
• 3 green onion, ends trimmed then sliced
• ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
• Celery, carrots, sliced bell peppers for serving!
• In a medium bowl combine buffalo sauce, mayo, chopped bell pepper, chopped celery stalks, green onion, and almond milk. Whisk until combined.
• Remove meat from rotisserie chicken, skin off, and shred
Add chicken to the mixture and stir until well combined
Spread out in a casserole dish and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until the top is bubbly
• Serve with celery sticks, carrot sticks, and bell peppers!
• 2 medium tomatoes, diced and seeded
• 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
• 2 cups guacamole
• 1-2 tbsp lime juice
• 2 tbsp green onions, chopped
• 3 large sweet potatoes
• 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
• 1 tsp salt
• For the meat
• 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
• 1 tbsp coconut oil
• 1 green chili, diced
• 1 lb. ground turkey
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 packet of your favorite taco seasoning (We like Siete mild)
• Preheat your oven to 375. Peel the sweet potatoes and slice thin
• In a large bowl, toss them with coconut oil and salt. Place the chips in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then flip over and bake an additional 10 minutes
• While the potato chips are baking, start preparing the turkey. Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and green chiles. Sautee until softened.
• Add the ground turkey and brown for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, and taco seasoning and cook thoroughly
• Stir the chopped tomatoes, lime juice, and cilantro into the turkey mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste then remove from heat.
• Assemble with nachos with a layer of sweet potato chips, turkey, guacamole, chopped tomatoes, scallions, and cilantro. Add plain greek yogurt for a sour cream alternative!
• 1 lb carrots
• 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
• SRIRACHA dipping sauce (SRIRACHA ailoi)
• 4 tbsp avocado oil mayonnaise
• 1/2 tsp sriracha sauce
• Preheat oven to 425°F.
• Wash, peel, and slice carrots into sticks
• Toss carrots with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
• Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
• Flip carrot fries. Continue baking until tender but still firm, about 10 more minutes.
• While fried bake, stir together mayonnaise and sriracha in a small bowl to make sriracha aioli
• 2 cups of dill pickle slices
• 1 cup almond flour
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp pepper
• 1 1/2 tsp salt
• 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
• 1 large egg
• 1 tbsp canned unsweetened coconut milk
• Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees.
• In a small bowl whisk together egg and coconut milk.
• In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour and the rest of the dry ingredients.
• Place the 2 cups of pickles on a paper towel and pat dry. Dip each pickle slice in the egg wash, then the almond flour mixture until each pickle is coated.
• Place the pickle slices in the air fryer at 390 for 10 minutes
Serve with your favorite clean ranch dressing. (We like Tessame’s)
• 1 teaspoon avocado oil
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1/3 cup white onion, chopped
• 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
• 1 lb ground turkey
• 8 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
• Boston Bibb Lettuce Leaves
FOR THE SAUCE
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
• 1/3 cup coconut aminos
• 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
• 1 teaspoon tapioca starch
• Add all the sauce ingredients into a small bowl. Whisk until well combined
• Heat avocado and sesame oils in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper. Sautee 3-4 minutes until softened
• Add the ground turkey and break it into bits. Cook until browned. Drain off any excess liquid.
• Add the water chestnuts and sauce to the ground turkey and stir well. Simmer for 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Serve the mixture in lettuce leaves