ORANGE, Conn., June 29, 2021– The Edge Fitness Clubs, headquartered in Orange, CT, announces today they will be opening the doors to their 16th Connecticut location in October 2021. Located at 2865 Main Street behind Chili’s, the brand-new Glastonbury location welcomes new members with 40,000 square-feet of premium amenities.
"While we have 34 locations in eight states, Connecticut is where it all started for us back in 1988. We are very excited to continue to grow in our home state with this new location in Glastonbury. We’ve had so much positive interest from the people of Glastonbury and we’re thrilled to be opening a new location in such a vibrant and historic town,” said Ron Magliocco, Vice President of Marketing for The Edge Fitness Clubs. “We offer state-of-the-art fitness amenities and provide numerous membership options to help our members reach their fitness goals.”
The Edge Fitness Clubs offers superior amenities, including:
• Group Exercise classes – Including Les Mills BodyPump™, Spinning, Zumba and Yoga
• Edge Strong – Small group training led by personal trainers
• Personal Training – One-on-one training to help you reach your fitness goals
• Turf – Large indoor turf with sprint lanes and specialized training equipment
• Cardio equipment – The area’s most extensive and newest treadmills, ellipticals, stair climbers and more
• Edge Cinema – Get your cardio in while watching your favorite movie!
• Weight training – Over 40,000 pounds of free weights and specialized machines and equipment to target every muscle group
• Edge Kids – While you work out, your kids can work out too in the supervised Edge Kids Fitness Area
• Recover and refresh after a workout in The Edge Saunas, Massage and Tanning areas and country club quality locker rooms
• Edge Café – Enjoy a protein shake or a smoothie after your workout
• Fully equipped Women’s Only Fitness Studio
“We are pleased to welcome The Edge Fitness Clubs to Glastonbury,” said Richard Johnson, Glastonbury Town Manager. “This new state of the art building will offer fitness amenities for individual and groups of all ages and interests in a bright, welcoming environment. Fitness enthusiasts will enjoy the facility and the many programs and activities for years to come.”
Founding members can join the Glastonbury location for as low as $9.99 per month. Presale activity starts on Thursday, July 1st at The Edge Preview Center located at 2345 Main Street between Daybreak Coffee and Cycling Concepts. The Preview Center will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday-Thursday, and 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday-Sunday. Members can also join online at www.EdgeGlastonbury.com or call 860-266-1625.
All Edge locations follow best-in-class health and safety protocols including touchless entry for each member, the use of Sanitation Stations, and abundant hospital grade cleaning supplies are always available in every area of the facility to wipe down equipment.
Founded in 1988, The Edge Fitness Clubs currently has 35 locations in eight states, including New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Missouri, Michigan, Illinois, & Rhode Island.
About The Edge Fitness Clubs
The Edge has amassed more than 240,000 members across 8 states, becoming a go-to club for the first-time gym goer to the fitness enthusiast. The Edge's mission is to offer extraordinary fitness facilities, innovative programming and an energetic, friendly staff to ensure members enjoy their exercise experiences – and see results – day after day. Memberships are designed to meet the needs of each individual member and their fitness journey. For more information, please visit theedgefitnessclubs.com.